This is to certify that ("First Name" and "Last Name" listed above), ("Grade" listed above), a student at South Dearborn High School, has our permission to attend and/or take part in the Junior-Senior Prom on July 18, 2020.
5:15 - DOORS OPEN FOR PICTURES
6:00 – 7:00 - INTRODUCTION OF PROM PARTICIPANTS (AT PROM SITE – PARENTS & FRIENDS INVITED)
7:00 – 11:00 - PROM AND DINNER AT THE LAWRENCEBURG EVENT CENTER (DINNER SERVED IMMEDIATELY AFTER INTRODUCTIONS)
SUPERVISION: Administration, Sponsors and Faculty of South Dearborn High School
1. It is understood that a student who elects to come to the Prom will attend the entire evening. Students wishing to leave prior to 10:30pm will be asked to sign out. Anyone signing out will not be allowed back into the event.
2. Free parking will be located at the City of Lawrenceburg Parking Garage across from The Lawrenceburg Event Center. Drop off will be at Valet parking in front of the LEV.
3. Doors at The Lawrenceburg Event Center will be open at 5:15 P.M. and close at 7:00 P.M. for admission to the prom
4. All rules and regulations of SDHS are in effect during the Prom and will govern all who attend whether students of SDHS, another school, or whether graduates of this SDHS or another school.
5. The South Dearborn School Policies concerning alcohol, tobacco, drugs, and general conduct will be in effect. Any person found to be violating these policies will be required to leave for the evening, and face school disciplinary action as outlined in the Student Agenda. NO MONEY WILL BE RETURNED. Persons attending will be visually screened if deemed necessary. An alco-sensor test will be required of any Prom participant who demonstrates behavior that would suggest possible use of a controlled substance.
6. Smoking or other use of tobacco products is prohibited at any time during the Prom festivities at the Lawrenceburg Event Center that is serving as the site for the dinner and dance.
7. SDHS students are responsible for their guest and their conduct. Upon a policy infraction the student’s parent will be notified and the couple will be required to leave.
8. Escorts must be enrolled in Grade 9 or above for the 2019-2020 School Year. Middle school students are not permitted at any dance sponsored by South Dearborn High School.
9. The responsibility of the school officially terminates at 11:00 P.M. or when a student signs out from the prom on Saturday, July 18, 2020.
10. No money can be refunded after June 30, 2020.
PROM FEE: Includes venue rental, dinner, unlimited soft drinks, candy bar, decorations, favors and invitations.
$60.00 a person
IF PARENTS, FAMILY AND FRIENDS ATTEND THE INTRODUCTION CEREMONY, IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT THEY REMAIN IN THE DESIGNATED AREA AT THE LAWRENCEBURG EVENT CENTER. THE REASON FOR THIS REQUEST IS THAT WE HAVE HAD DIFFICULTY WITH ADULTS TRANSFERRING CONTROLLED SUBSTANCES. PARENTS, FAMILY AND FRIENDS ARE TO ENTER THROUGH THE DESIGNATED DOOR AT THE
LAWRENCEBURG EVENT CENTER. INTRODUCTIONS WILL BEGIN AT 6:00 P.M. DOORS WILL BE OPENED AT 5:15 P.M. THE COST OF ADMISSION IS $1 PER ADULT.
I understand that by my attendance at the 2020 South Dearborn High School Prom, I hereby shall
waive and agree to hold harmless South Dearborn Community School Corporation, its Board of Trustees,
Administrators, and other school personnel from any and all liability for any damages which I may incur in
the event I become infected with the so-called coronavirus known as “Covid-19” by reason of my
attendance at said prom. I agree to any and all rules and directives which the school administrators may
impose to minimize social interaction among those persons in attendance at the 2020 Prom.
AS A PARTICIPANT OF THE ACTIVITY, I FULLY UNDERSTAND THAT I MUST ABIDE BY ALL SCHOOL
REGULATIONS OF THE SOUTH DEARBORN HIGH SCHOOL AND THAT I DO HEREBY FULLY AGREE TO
ABIDE BY AND RESPECT THE AFOREMENTIONED RULES AND POLICIES.